Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Do a better swim

This about how to do better swim.

To stay interested in swimming and to help build endurance and speed, change your workouts. I do this by using Matt Luebbers' workouts on this site (which are great -thanks Matt!). Because there may be five different sets per workout, I like to keep the sheet with me poolside and refer to it after each set. I place the printed sheet in a zip-lock baggy to keep it dry. I take one out and put another in for the next workout.

Dont Forget Kicking

People say that arms are the fastest part. Wrong in truth legs can keep your speed up and make u a faster stronger swimming.

Swimming Tips

The best thing you can do each swim session is to work on form. If your form is correct you will swim better and be less likely to suffer an injury. The next most important thing is to mix it up. Dont do the same routine again and again. If you dont mix it up you will never see any advances in your swimming
—Guest Kristina Smith

This beginner kept a log

After a decade of not swimming, I hit the pool again this past July. Once again a novice! I found that keeping a log of each session, with date, which numbered swim (i.e., "86th swim"), distance, time, how it felt, what's next, even stuff like "shared a lane", was a big help in keeping me going to the pool and pulling all 200 lbs of me back and forth. I now swim 1,150 yards every other day, in about 35 minutes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share

Sponsor Links

Fatt Loss Secret!
People are nevertheless getting FATTER and FATTER and LESS and LESS healthy!!
The Reason You Can't Lose Weight has Nothing to Do With Your Will-Power
www.topsecretfatlosssecret.com

Lose Fat and Gain Muscle with Turbulence Training
You Have to Do Cardio in the Fat Burning Zone!
You Can’t Lose Fat and Gain Muscle at the Same Time
www.turbulencetraining.com

WEIGHT LOSS AND DIET PLAN
Stop Dieting and Start Living!
Weight Loss EASY!
www.eatstopeat.com